JOB DESCRIPTION: The Service Technician will be responsible for installing and servicing enterprise level Fire Alarm, Access Control, CCTV, Burglar, Voice and Data systems, while also troubleshooting in a variety of these systems.
- Installation and service of enterprise level Fire Alarm, Access Control, CCTV, Burglar, Voice and Data systems, while also troubleshooting in a variety of these systems, as needed.
- Communicates with customers, vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors to facilitate the completion of required tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple small to mid scale installations within budget and on time.
- Assists in designing and troubleshooting in a variety of systems.
- Takes corrective actions when costs are out of line with projected targets.
- Ensures all company safety policies and procedures are followed and enforced.
- Trains and develops personnel.
- Effectively applies Dowley Security System’s methodology and enforces Dowley Security System’s installation standards.
- Minimizes exposure to risks.
- Effectively communicates relevant information to superiors.
- Insures an informative and well-organized training for the customer.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming and equipment installation.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of our capabilities.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, EDUCATION, & CERTIFICATION
- Proven experience in the engineering and installation of electronic security, access control, CCTV, fire extinguishers and fire alarm systems
- Strong knowledge and experience with access control; AMAG, Hirsch experience highly preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience with fire alarm systems; Fike, EST, Silent Knight and Fire-lite experience highly preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience with CCTV; Genetec experience highly preferred
- State and local licenses
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, relay logic and operations
- Excellent subcontracting skills required
- Management of field technician and inventory
- An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to contain costs in handling large projects
- Proven experience with new construction and knowledge of new construction phases
- Detail oriented, superior organizational skills
- Excellent follow through and time management skills
- Results driven individual, high energy, self starter
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- State licensed in the following categories: Fire Alarm, Extinguisher, Electronic Access Control, Closed Circuit Television, Burglar Alarm, Locksmith and Nurse Call
- NICET Level III in Fire Alarm Systems
- NICET Level IV in Video Security Systems Technician
- Associates degree (2 year) or Bachelor degree (4 year) in a technical capacity preferred