POSITION TITLE: SECURITY FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
BASIC PURPOSE: To install projects in a timely manner to Dowley Standards.
- Installation and/or troubleshooting of enterprise level access control, CCTV, Intrusion, and security data systems as needed.
- Communicate with customers, vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors to facilitate the completion of required tasks.
- Ability to manage small and large installations within budget and on time.
- Assist in installation and troubleshooting in a variety of systems.
- Ensures all company safety policies and procedures are followed and enforced.
- Trains and develops technical skills as needed.
- Effectively applies Dowley Security System’s methodology and enforces Dowley Security System’s installation standards.
- Minimizes our exposure to risks
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS EDUCATION, & CERTIFICATION:
- Proven experience in the installation and servicing of electronic security, access control, and CCTV systems.
- Strong knowledge and experience with access control; AMAG, Brivo, Paxton experience highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience with CCTV; Milestone, ExacQ, VideoInsight experience is highly preferred.
- State and local licenses
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, relay logic and operations.
- Excellent subcontracting skills required.
- Management of field technician equipment and inventory
- An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to contain costs in large projects.
- Proven experience with new construction and knowledge of new construction phases.
- Detail oriented superior organizational skills.
- Excellent follow-through and time management skills.
- Results driven and individual, high energy, self-starter.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision
- Professional appearance
- Excellent communication (Written and Verbal)
- Great customer service
- Computer literate (proficient with Microsoft office suite)
- Able to pass security background check
- Good driving record
- Valid Driver’s license
- State license in the following categories: Electronic Access Control, Closed Circuit Television, Burglar Alarm, Locksmith and Nurse Call
- NICET Level IV in Video Security Systems Technician
- Any additional certificates in specific Access Control, Intrusion detection, VMS, Networking, etc.
- Basic knowledge of LAN/WAN Networking being able to static an IP address and performing basic pings
- Structured cabling and terminations (568A/B standards)
- Familiarity with MDF/IDF installation
- Able to mount, aim and focus IP Cameras
- Fiber knowledge a plus
- Coaxial knowledge and termination (RG6)
- Basic tool set
- Associates degree (2 year) or Bachelor degree (4 year) in technical capacity preferred