JOB DESCRIPTION: The Level 2 Project Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling project activities required for effective management of access control, closed circuit television, burglar alarm systems, and voice and data installations.
- Maintains regular communication with all Customers consistent with the expectations set during the External Project Launch meeting with regard to Scope definition, Start Dates, Milestone Dates, Completion Dates, Work Site Rules, Contract Requirements, Safety Programs, Billing Terms, Change Order Procedures and D&A Forms.
- Plans, organizes and directs project activities required for effective management of access control, closed circuit television, burglar alarm systems, and voice and data installations.
- Ensures the ongoing management efforts of Lead Techs on assigned installations to provide for the successful and well-communicated completion of projects.
- Addresses technical and other challenges that occur on assigned projects to avoid negative impact to job budgets and schedules, and to avoid unnecessary negative visibility to Customer.
- Assures the timely and appropriate coordination with Dowley Engineering and manufacturer representatives required to correct immediate, long-term, recurring and systemic technical problems.
- Ensures all activities, customer interactions, challenges, changes and completions within assigned projects are properly documented in accordance with Dowley policies and procedures.
- Regularly updates the Operations Manager and Director of Operations as to the progress, obstacles, man hours and materials budget performance of assigned projects.
- Continually develops and measures the ability of Service Techs, Lead Techs, Technicians and Installers to maximize efficiency and profitability of all ongoing work.
- Conducts appropriate field training and enforces safety requirements. Ensures an inappropriate degree of job site training does not occur and provide the perception of inexperience or unfamiliarity with the applicable technology.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Coordinates frequently with the Director of Operations, Operations Manager, Operations Administrator, and the CSR/Dispatch in the routing of Service Techs, Lead Techs, Technicians and Installers on the scheduling of all work.
- Verifies material deliveries and maintains accurate on-site inventories while accounting for all materials delivered to all job sites at all times.
- Provides timely input to the Operations Administrator so he/she may order materials, arrange for delivery, take inventory, and handle returns most effectively.
- Completes all jobsite paperwork, including safety reports, daily job logs, and billing submissions.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Evaluates and measures the performance of assigned reports.
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed and enforced.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, EDUCATION, & CERTIFICATION
- Proven experience in the engineering and installation of electronic security, access control, CCTV, burglar, voice and data, and fire alarm systems
- Strong knowledge and experience with access control; AMAG experience highly preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience with CCTV; NICE, Bosch, OnSSI experience highly preferred
- State and local licenses
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, relay logic and operations
- Excellent subcontracting skills required
- Management of field technician and inventory
- An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to contain costs in handling large projects
- Proven experience with new construction and knowledge of new construction phases
- Detail oriented, superior organizational skills
- Excellent follow through and time management skills
- Results driven individual, high energy, self starter
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Holds a current State of Texas security license
- 7-years experience in the security field, Associates degree (2 year) or Bachelor degree (4 year) in a technical capacity preferred.